Employee Services Systems Change Officer
|Salary:||£29,000 to £34,000 per annum pro rata|
Part Time – 50% to 60%, Permanent
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Systems Change Officer to join our small but high profile Employee Services (ES) team, responsible for the Employee Lifecycle processes covering 1600 staff.
In this role you will support the Business Change Manager in ensuring that system change is driven forward through the process of continuous improvement and project deliverables alongside ensuringthe integrity and security of the data within the new system processes at all times in order to support robust management information and reporting.
The following skills and qualifications are essential for this position:
- CIPP or CPID qualification or equivalent by experience
- Able to work in an organised and flexible manner, prioritising own time to complete agreed tasks to standards, in a pressured environment with conflicting demands, meeting deadlines.
- Attention to detail and numerical accuracy.
- Has an understanding of policy and procedures relating to employee lifecycle transactions such as Pay/Leave/Pension/Time Recording/Recruitment.
- Uses initiative to solve internal/external customer queries quickly.
- Good customer services attitude - confident and courteous communicator - face to face, on the telephone and in writing.
- Must be absolutely discreet and able to handle confidential information.
- Excellent PC skills particularly competent in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Looks for and implements changes/improvements to systems and processes.
- Must be prepared to attend occasional meetings at various UK locations.
In return we offer a competitive salary and a number of excellent benefits. Our pension scheme is one of the most valuable benefits we offer, as our staff can become members of the Alpha Pension Scheme where the Library contributes 20.9%. Another significant benefit the Library provides is the provision of a flexible working hours scheme which could allow you to work your hours flexibly over the week and to take up to 5 days flexi leave in a 3 month period. This is on top of 25 days holiday from entry and public and privilege holidays.
More about the British Library
As one of the world’s great libraries, our duty is to preserve the nation’s intellectual memory for the future. At the moment we have well over 150 million items, in most known languages, with three million new items added every year. We have manuscripts, maps, newspapers, magazines, prints and drawings, music scores, and patents. We operate the world’s largest document delivery service providing millions of items a year to customers all over the world. What matters to us is that we preserve the national memory and enable knowledge to be created both now and in the future.
Closing date: 22 July 2018
Interview date: 26 July 2018
We are a Disability Confident employer, and make a commitment to recruit and support disabled people. We guarantee an interview for disabled candidates who meet the minimum (essential) requirements for a vacancy.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you currently have the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Are you currently a British Library employee or agency member of staff?
|Contact Name:||Employee Services|