Employee Services Payroll Manager
|Salary:||£29,000 per annum|
Full Time, Permanent
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Payroll Manager to join our small but high profile Employee Services (ES) team of 3 payroll administrators, responsible for the processing and checking of monthly transactions for 1600 staff across the employee life cycle including new starters, leavers and employee changes.
As the Payroll Manager you will be responsible for the provision of a comprehensive, accurate, timely and compliant payroll service and the delivery of payroll projects and developments.
We are looking for someone with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, with experience of using Payroll systems.
The following skills and qualifications are essential for this position:
· Detailed knowledge and experience of HMRC, tax, NI, expenses and benefits, statutory payment legislation including monthly and year end returns
· Proven experience running and/or supervising a complex monthly payroll, including knowledge of all calculations required.
· Proven knowledge of pay and pensions legislation, best practice, industry standards and regulations.
· Strong working knowledge of employment legislation.
· Previous experience in producing financial and MI Reports, statistical information and analysis
· Strong people management experience
· Payroll qualification and/or significant payroll experience
- Working experience with Northgate Resourcelink system/other Payroll systems.
In return we offer a competitive salary and a number of excellent benefits. Our pension scheme is one of the most valuable benefits we offer, as our staff can become members of the Alpha Pension Scheme where the Library contributes 20.9%. Another significant benefit the Library provides is the provision of a flexible working hours scheme which could allow you to work your hours flexibly over the week and to take up to 5 days flexi leave in a 3 month period. This is on top of 25 days holiday from entry and public and privilege holidays.
More about the British Library
As one of the world’s great libraries, our duty is to preserve the nation’s intellectual memory for the future. At the moment we have well over 150 million items, in most known languages, with three million new items added every year. We have manuscripts, maps, newspapers, magazines, prints and drawings, music scores, and patents. We operate the world’s largest document delivery service providing millions of items a year to customers all over the world. What matters to us is that we preserve the national memory and enable knowledge to be created both now and in the future.
Closing date: 25 March 2018
Interview date: 6 April 2018
We are a Disability Confident employer, and make a commitment to recruit and support disabled people. We guarantee an interview for disabled candidates who meet the minimum (essential) requirements for a vacancy
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you currently have the right to work in the United Kingdom
|Contact Name:||Employee Services|